Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich

Breakfast is the first meal of the day and while not everyone has the time to cook a delicious breakfast everyday, I like to take the time, when I can, to cook something that I'll really enjoy.


Ingredients
  • 1 bagel (I used an everything bagel)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 strips of bacon
  • 1 slice of cheese (I used cheddar)
  • honey (optional)
  • hot sauce (optional)
  • 1/2 Tbls. butter (not shown)


Directions
Slice the bacon strips in half and lay them in a frying pan to cook.


Slice the bagel in half and put it into the toaster, if desired. When the bacon finished cooking, remove it from the pan and lay the strips on a plate with a paper towel beneath them to drain the grease.


Drain the fat from the frying pan. Melt the butter in the pan and make sure the bottom of the pan is covered. Add a little bit of extra butter if necessary. Crack your egg into the pan to cook. I like to cook my egg until the yoke is hard, but you can cook yours however you like.


You can start to build the sandwich as the egg finished cooking. I like to build mine, starting at the bottom, with honey, cheese, bacon, hot sauce, and then the egg. If you don't like honey or hot sauce, you could try adding ketchup instead.


Now enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment